These resources are for Early Years practitioners who wish to develop their music-making with 0-5 year olds in their settings. We will keep adding resources throughout the next 18 months so keep checking for new ideas and tools to use in your setting.
Practical Ideas and Links to the EYFS
- Early Years expert, Esther Sheridan suggests how to make any story musical in this webinar
- Why you don’t need to be an accomplished musician to play musically with the children in your care. Find out here.
- You may like to read a previous project resource pack for the Soundplay project as an example of how music can be incorporated into children's everyday learning.
- Resource packs from our previous projects filled with links to the curriculum can be found here
- Read some great ideas from some Sheffield early years practitioners about how to use music in all areas of young children's education.
- Have a look at these Top Tips from Youth Music Network members
- Watch these videos and have a go at making your own musical instruments with help from early years expert Sue Nicholls.
- Here are some examples of percussion, number and during music sessions orchestral instrument flashcards that are particularly effective for non-verbal directions and for visual displays.
- This resource by Nancy Evans (commissioned by Youth Music) is designed to help you at every stage of bringing music into early years settings from planning to observations.
Do you want to share ideas and resources? Contact us here.
You can also share ideas on our facebook page.
Stay in touch
Music in the Round is an Arts Award supporter. Find out more here.